Choosing the best category and keywords for your articles is crucial for your SEO and online marketing success. Category and keywords help your articles to be found by the right audience, rank higher on search engines, and drive more traffic to your website.
How to Choose the Best Category for Your Articles
The category is the broad topic or niche that your article belongs to. For example, if you are writing about health, fitness, or nutrition, your category could be “Health and Wellness”. Choosing the best category for your articles can help you to:
- Organize your content and make it easier for your readers to navigate and find what they are looking for.
- Target a specific and relevant audience that is interested in your niche and your website.
- Increase your authority and credibility in your niche and stand out from the competition.
To choose the best category for your articles, you can use some of these tips:
- Use the categories that are already available on Backlinkhub. Backlinkhub has a list of categories that you can choose from when submitting your articles. You can browse through the categories and see which one fits your article best. You can also see how popular or competitive each category is by looking at the number of articles and views in each category.
- Choose a category that matches your website’s theme and goals. You want to choose a category that is relevant to your website’s theme, purpose, and goals. For example, if your website is about travel, you want to choose a category that is related to travel, such as “Travel Tips”, “Destinations”, or “Culture”.
- Choose a category that is specific but not too narrow. You want to choose a category that is specific enough to attract a targeted audience, but not too narrow that it limits your reach or scope. For example, if you are writing about gardening, you don’t want to choose a category that is too broad, such as “Home and Family”, or too narrow, such as “Orchids”. A better category would be “Gardening” or “Plants”.
How to Choose the Best Keywords for Your Articles
The keywords are the words or phrases that users type into search engines to find what they are looking for. By using the right keywords in your article, you can increase your chances of ranking higher on Google and other search engines and attracting more organic traffic.
To choose the best keywords for your articles, you can use some of these tips:
- Use keyword research tools. Keyword research tools can help you find the best keywords to target for your article. They can show you the search volume, difficulty, and competition of different keywords. They can also suggest related keywords or variations that you can use. Some of the popular keyword research tools are Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs Keywords Explorer, or SEMrush Keyword Magic Tool.
- Use long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are keywords that are longer and more specific than short-tail keywords. For example, “how to grow tomatoes” is a long-tail keyword, while “tomatoes” is a short-tail keyword. Long-tail keywords are better because they have less competition, higher conversion rates, and match the user’s search intent better.
- Use keywords that match the user’s search intent. Search intent is the goal or purpose behind the user’s query. There are four main types of search intent: informational, navigational, transactional, and commercial. You want to match your article’s content and tone with the user’s search intent. For example, if you are writing an informational article, you want to use keywords that answer a question or provide information. If you are writing a commercial article, you want to use keywords that compare different products or services.
Choosing the best category and keywords for your articles is an important step in SEO and online marketing. By following these tips, you can improve your article’s visibility, relevance, and performance on Backlinkhub and on search engines.